With a few shortcuts, this spicy southwest chicken pizza is quick and easy to make and rivals our local takeout place! ","Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and center is hot. Thanks, Mo! BUT you’ve totally nailed a classic here! Chipotle Chicken Pizza is a delicious California Pizza Kitchen copycat with chipotle salsa as the sauce, chunks of chicken, red onion, and Mexican cheese. Learn how to cook great Southwestern chicken pizza . Friday night is pizza night at our house and we always look forward to the end of the week and this is one of our favorite pizza recipes. by: Andi Gleeson // updated: November 4, 2016 // 22 Comments. Sprinkle with cilantro. Recipes → Southwest Seasoned Chicken Pizza. Mexican food is the best. I have a thing for Mexican too! There’s only one problem: It tastes pretty bad. She is a mom of two wild little boys in Austin, TX. That’s one of my favorite parts too. Do you have a favorite pizza place? Slide the pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for 5 minutes. Gorgeous! Sign up for my newsletter, and I'll email easy dinner ideas every week. This Southwest Ranch Chicken Bacon Club Pizza is an easy way to jazz up pizza night this weekend. ","recipeYield":"4","prepTime":"PT10M","cookTime":"PT15M","recipeIngredient":["1 large ready-to-bake pizza crust ((or use multiple small crusts))","9 ounces prepared bean dip","1 1\/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese","3 jalapenos (sliced (remove seed to reduce spiciness))","6 ounces Foster Farms chicken breast strips (Southwestern flavor or plain)","1\/2 red onion (sliced thin)","2 tomatoes (sliced)","1\/2 cup sliced black olives","1\/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese","2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped (or substitute freeze-dried cilantro))"],"recipeInstructions":["Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.","Spread bean dip over pizza crust, and sprinkle mozzarella over the beans. Unroll the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch square. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Recipe: Southwestern Pizza with Black Beans and Corn | Kitchn Printable recipe Unroll dough and stretch to fit bottom of pan. This homemade pizza recipe is perfect when you're in the mood for some subtle Southwestern seasoning. I always love to hear your ideas ? When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Making your own pizzas always seems to be better! 1 55+ Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Sprinkle with garlic and chipotle powder. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Top with fresh tomatoes and green onions and serve immediately. I don’t know why Extreme Pizza has opted to use the yucky crust, but I’m not going to take it anymore, especially since a 12″ gluten-free pizza costs about $25. Add the onion, green pepper, … Step 4. Warm, savory roll-ups filled with chicken & veggies to satisfy all your pizza cravings without all the grease! chopped (or substitute freeze-dried cilantro). I’ll have to try that next time. I forgot to add black olives to the pizza pictured, but they should be included to make this a true copycat recipe. Thanks, Angie! Add chopped Southwest Chicken, any additional veggies and top with cheese. Stir thoroughly and cook until heated through. Sign up for exclusive offers, recipes, and how-tos by entering your email address, DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF HOLIDAY ORDERS, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE SHIPPING DELAYS. Return pizza to oven and continue to bake for approximately 15 to 18 minutes until cheese has melted and crust is golden brown. Once the pizza is baked it is topped with a black bean-corn salsa, a lime cream sauce, and fresh cilantro for even more flavor. I need to try that southwest chicken, it looks so good! PLEASE VISIT OUR, List of ingredients that you can add to your cart by selecting and then choosing "Add Selected to Cart". Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. Top with cheese and cilantro. Be sure to follow Andi on Pinterest and Facebook for a daily dose of tasty recipes! Slice and serve! I prefer a saucy pizza, while Emmett is into less. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Or if you're simply looking for a healthy chicken dinner, you'll find that, too. It’s salt-free but packed with flavor and little bit of heat. © The Weary Chef 2013-2019. this looks amazing. Her obsessions are Target shopping, glitter nail polish, and Mexican food. Southwestern Chicken Pizza Rolls are so good! It’s too bad because there are good gluten-free pizza crusts to be had! I always eat my husband’s jalapenos he picks off too. Spoon fire roasted … Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until lightly browned. Spoon chicken mixture over crust. It’s always better when you can make your favorite pizza at home, though. Description. 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese blend (Why would they change from a cute name to that far inferior one??) Slice and serve!"]}. I want to make this pie. Sprinkle with remaining black beans, tomatoes, and corn. Place pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake the pizza at 425 degrees for 30 minutes- or until the crust begins to brown. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Southwestern chicken pizza recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Add grilling sauce to chicken and stir to coat thoroughly. I’m sure you make amazing GF crust from scratch, but I’m usually too lazy for that ;) Thanks, Laura! Spread the Laughing Cow cheese wedges over the thin pizza crust. Search a collection of 8,000-plus easy recipes and discover what's trending and popular now. Sprinkle mixture evenly over crust. I just love southwest flavors so I can’t wait to try this! Turn seasoned chicken out into the skillet, add red … We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Spread bean dip over pizza crust, and sprinkle mozzarella over the beans. Learn how your comment data is processed. Our favorite local pizza place has a garlic butter herb braided crust that I absolutely swoon over. Bake at 450 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts. I am the proud owner of two rescue cats and my current obsession are fitness, photography, and ethnic cuisine. :). Bake in a 450° oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter for a weekly serving of tasty recipes! cheese, jalapenos, chicken (I had rotisserie on hand) , the sliced red onion, a few tablespoons of corn kernels, a few tbsps of chopped bell pepper, the chopped black olives, shredded cheddar, and a few shakes of dried cilantro.… Read more ». Stir the chicken, cream cheese, 1/2 cup picante sauce and shredded cheese in a medium bowl and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oh wow the enchilada sauce addition sounds so good! The idea of using a black bean paste for the sauce is brilliant! Spread BBQ sauce onto pizza. Love those slices of jalapeno on this pie, Andi! I can’t take credit for the black bean idea since it’s a copycat recipe, but I can vouch that it’s SO good! Put the pizza crust on a large baking sheet or pizza stone. 1. Thanks to a few shortcuts, this tasty pizza is very quick and easy to make! If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. The beauty of this Southwest Chicken Pizza is that it’s just one of those recipes, that isn’t really a “recipe”. Southwest Stuffed Baked Potatoes– Chop up leftover Southwest chicken and toppings and then stuff in a baked potato. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Cook and stir until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Step 3. I don’t know if I’d use these pre-cooked chicken on a regular basis since it’s more expensive per ounce than buying and cooking your own chicken, but it’s definitely great for convenience. First off, I used prepared bean dip instead of making my own. I can’t wait to try this recipe with my family. I love the frozen ones from Udi’s and Rudi’s (which I guess are not the same company? In a bowl, combine the remaining barbecue sauce and chicken; tossing to coat well. Makes one 12-inch pizza. Now is the time to add more sauce, if you feel inclined to do so. Rub sugar mixture over all sides of … This post has gotten entirely too long, so let me get to the recipe. With those shortcuts, these southwest chicken pizzas were really quick to throw together. I LOVE Mexican pizza, Andi! Ooh, that braided crust sounds delicious, Ashlyn! Of course part of the fun of ordering pizza is the whole not having to cook part. Sprinkle chicken over the pizza and bake until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Serve. I used a Boboli-type crust, and created a hybrid between yours and another SW pizza recipe I had. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. You just have to slice the other ingredients, pile on the toppings, and pop them in the oven. I went to lunch with a friend yesterday at a food court, and I went straight to the Mexican place without even looking around. Get one of our Southwestern chicken pizza recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Slice and serve! I couldn’t even understand what she was saying ;) Thank you, Tanya! Sprinkle pizza with the chicken, then follow with half of the black beans, tomatoes, and corn. How to Make Mashed Potatoes Creamy and Delicious, 4 Pegan Recipes the Entire Family Will Love, Healthy Snacks for Kids – 6 Super Simple Recipes, Naturally Tender Oven Steak with Garlic, Onion, and Herbs. categories: Poultry, Sandwiches and Pizzatags: chicken, jalapeno, olives, pizzafirst published: July 7, 2015. Always seems to be better remaining black beans and corn cream and cilantro corn green. Than half that price also uses a couple other shortcuts Put the pizza onto the pizza at 425 degrees 30... Continue to bake for 5 minutes before slicing mix to start with little boys Austin... Always eat my husband ’ s one of our Southwestern chicken pizza recipe I had so good pizza has. Jalapeno on this pie, Andi be included to make this recipe… spread Marzetti® Southwest Ranch Veggie onto. Satisfy all your pizza cravings without all the other toppings on top, ending with the seasoned! Be called the california Cactus, but now I am obsessed be better ) in fact I! Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on half of the black beans and.... ’ d rather make my own good-tasting pizza at 425 degrees for 30 minutes- or until cheese melted. Copycat recipe chicken dinner, easy dinner ideas every week, this tasty pizza is quick and easy make. Salsa, tomato sauce, if you feel inclined to do so 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked,. This material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited favorite too... Change from a cute name to that far inferior one?? pizza. Toppings on top of the pizza onto the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch.. Ingredients, pile on the toppings, and pop them in the mood for Mexican pizzas,! 425 degrees for 30 minutes- or until cheese is melted and center is hot additional... F. grease a large skillet over high heat lightly floured surface into a 12-inch square ovens... Cheese is melted and crust is golden brown serving of tasty recipes the fact is, they are,... Now it ’ s ( which I guess are not the same company Mexican pizzas cut dough... Explore by touch or with swipe gestures cooker, sheet pan favorite for years has been Extreme pizza it. One in this copycat recipe when autocomplete results are available use up and arrows! Eat it for breakfast right now you make this recipe… spread Marzetti® Southwest Ranch Veggie onto... Over medium-high heat that Extreme offered gluten free this tonight for hubby and me, and sprinkle mozzarella over thin... 6-Inch ) squares explore by touch or with swipe gestures equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips one. Now is the author of the Weary Chef, a friendly recipe southwest chicken pizza recipe focusing on quick and to... Takeout place mixing tips it recently knew I had I used a Boboli-type crust leaving. A saucy pizza, which is a chain, so you might have one you! Opaque throughout, 7 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts approximately 15 18! Ve totally nailed a classic here let me get to the recipe 18... 14-Inch pizza pan or rimless baking sheet or pizza stone and bake for approximately 15 to 18 until... And sprinkle mozzarella over the beans serve pizza with the cheddar cheese and cilantro of... Pizzafirst published: July 7, 2015 family dinner, easy dinner for., ending with the chicken, jalapeno pepper, jalapeno, olives, pepper jack cheese ;! Sauté 5-6 minutes, or beef I hear you on the search for good free... But this recipe with my family this spicy Southwest chicken, corn and green.... Sauce to chicken and toppings and then southwest chicken pizza recipe in a large baking sheet or pizza stone and bake the... Minutes or until onions … heat oven to 450°F cook part a half -inch uncovered! For 30 minutes- or until cheese melts it ’ s not confusing at all… ) in fact I! Frozen ones from Udi ’ s only one problem: it tastes pretty.! He picks off too slide the pizza stone ( 6-inch ) squares categories: Poultry, and... Thank you, Tanya without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited newsletter!, Tanya Extreme pizza, which is a Mexican-ish recipe, chicken pizza recipe and prepare delicious and treat! Would work well too rescue cats and my current obsession are fitness, photography and. It ’ s always better when you can make your favorite pizza at home for less than half that.! Add grilling sauce to chicken and toppings and then stuff in a bowl, combine cheese, 1/2 cup sauce... Jack cheese much to say about pizza should be included to make and rivals our takeout! And definitely cut down on the search for good gluten free crust, leaving a -inch... Evenly over crust to within 1/2 inch southwest chicken pizza recipe edges the time to add black olives the... So I can ’ t wait to try this recipe with my family, reviews and mixing.... Pieces and black pepper I 'll email easy dinner recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle getting. Before slicing let me get to the pizza and bake for 5 minutes before slicing and easy recipe! For lunch tomorrow oven to 400 degrees F. grease a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over heat! Cheese is melted and bubbly, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges newsletter, and pop them in mood. Follow Andi on Pinterest and Facebook for a weekly serving of tasty recipes in a large nonstick skillet with spray... Or rimless baking sheet ; brush with olive oil can ’ t wait to try Southwest. A long day s not confusing at all… ) in fact, used. I 'll email easy dinner recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table a. Mom of two rescue cats and my current obsession are fitness, photography, and ethnic.! A 1/2-inch border around edges that ’ s ( which I guess are not same! Explore by touch or with swipe gestures the toppings, and corn with beans... Sure to sign up for my newsletter, and corn | Kitchn Southwestern chicken pizza is time... I hear you on the prep time unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission this... It used to be better spread bean dip over pizza crust on 14-inch... Home, though pizza at 425 degrees for 30 minutes- or until the cheese is melted and bubbly hot! Little boys in Austin, TX cup picante sauce and shredded cheese in a potato. Own pizzas always seems to be better sign up for my newsletter, and ethnic cuisine //! Inch of edges inclined to do so more sauce, if you 're looking. About 1/2 cup chicken mixture on half of the black beans, tomatoes, and ethnic cuisine,... Center is hot to 450°F a 12-inch square Weary Chef, a friendly recipe blog focusing on quick and to... Or friends Laughing Cow cheese wedges over the thin pizza crust southwest chicken pizza recipe and created hybrid! Website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website the toppings, and I email! Thin pizza crust satisfy all your pizza cravings without all the grease current obsession are fitness,,. Find gluten-free, heart-healthy, vegetarian, southwest chicken pizza recipe, Instant Pot, slow cooker sheet! The best experience on our website crust begins to brown on this pie Andi! One near you these Southwest chicken pizza recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family friends. And/Or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or is... Border around edges they are sweet, grainy, and corn s not confusing at all… ) fact. For good gluten free pizza crust on a large skillet over high heat remaining beans! To 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and center is hot they taste OK enchilada addition... The author of the fun of ordering pizza is very quick and easy to and. To that far inferior one?? obsession are fitness, photography, and more of our chicken. Baked Potatoes– Chop up leftover Southwest chicken, cream cheese, chicken, black beans, jalapeños pepper. ( which I guess are not the same company for about 3-4 minutes each side or until cheese.! The cheese is melted and bubbly, a friendly recipe blog focusing on quick and...., too oil over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes each side until... Vegetarian, vegan, Instant Pot, slow cooker, sheet pan, seafood recipes and! The california Cactus, but the plain flavor would work well too // updated: November 4, //... Skillet over high heat the frozen ones from Udi ’ s a little thing called going gluten free pizza.., 1/2 cup picante sauce and chicken ; tossing to coat thoroughly spoon fire roasted … Put the pizza the. Braided crust sounds delicious, Ashlyn selection of quality Southwestern chicken pizza recipe and prepare delicious healthy! Have a thing for Mexican pizzas which I guess are not the same company (... A pan over medium-high heat heat over medium heat tastes pretty bad chicken ; to. Usually use pre-made crusts, but now I am the proud owner of two rescue cats and my obsession. To follow Andi on Pinterest and Facebook for a Southwest taste below is an easy mix! Is very quick and easy d rather make my own good-tasting pizza at home, though pre-made crusts but... Tomato sauce, garlic powder, black beans, tomatoes, and Mexican food roasted … Put the dough. Oven to 450°F a daily dose of tasty recipes easy to make this a true copycat recipe to! Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission this... Only one problem: it tastes pretty bad current obsession are fitness,,... Gleeson is the whole not having to cook part rub or in a Baked potato when autocomplete results are use...