Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Sardinian pasta with tomato basil recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Let them shine in this quick and easy Sardinian spaghetti dish A mosaic of sharp, bright flavors shine in this vibrant dish that comes together quickly. 95% Lemon Horseradish New Potatoes Photos Allrecipes.com. Season the water generously with salt. Soak the sultanas or raisins in warm water to plump up. 1 pound dry gnochetti or cavatelli pasta or 1 pound fresh. Peel and thinly slice the onion. Good appetite! 1 to 2 hours. Here’s my homemade sardinian pasta shells for you to enjoy. Ingredients. Cover image: Risotto with Asparragus, Mushrooms and Bottarga, CC BY 2.0 Papassini are typical Sardinian cakes prepared during traditional holiday periods, especially during the Autumn. Malloreddus Pasta with Pork Shoulder and Pancetta Sauce. It adds a little extra thickness and flavour to the sauce. Get Sardinian Sugo Recipe from Food Network. 400g/14oz Sardinian gnocchetti (or pasta of your choice) salt; For the sauce. So, if you’re looking to live to 100, do as the Blue Zoned Italians do, and try out this delectable recipe for Pane Carasau, otherwise known as Sardinian Flatbread. Most of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry or fridge. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain well. Don’t be afraid to try something new. Are you looking for a delicious recipe with a difference? 84% Creamy Cranberry Bread Pudding Foodnetwork.com Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Creamy Cranberry Bread Pudding recipe from Sweet Dreams... 0 Hour 55 Min; 6 servings ; Bookmark. The rather unusual name is Sardinian dialect for baby calves. Preparation time. Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your sardinian pasta shells with clams, walnuts, chilli & bottarga and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes. Plaited Sardinian ravioli recipe by Antonio Carluccio - Make the filling by melting the butter in a wide pan, and frying the dry squeezed spinach for a few minutes. The pasta is gently nutty, the sauce is full of flavor and all is one delicious meal. The delicious recipe of pasta with Sardinian bottarga. Cook the fennel in plenty of boiling, salted water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Despite the fact that there are still so many pasta types to try and thousands of recipes to make, I hope to try out some more Sardinian gnocchi recipes and make the pasta myself by hand. Print Pin Rate. Serve with additional Pecorino Romano. Sardinian recipes (8) Browse our choice of traditional Italian recipes from the region of Sardinia. Print recipe. I like her format of sharing recipes … 1. I was shocked to learn that some Sardinian’s add carrot and celery to the tomato sauce and since, so have I. Papassini Easter Cake recipe . Discover on Sensibus.com a wide range of Sardinian recipes, and the typical ingredients from this region renowened all over the world: bottarga, carasau bread and more!Discover the many beauties and tastes of Sardinia and start a flavor journey of this magical island!. Learn how to cook great Sardinian pasta with tomato basil . At that time, and still today, the pasta was made exclusively by hand and required dexterity, precision and a lot of time. It has a population of over 1,630,000. Pane Carasau recipe. In the north of Sardinia they sometimes write it as malloreddos. 5 from 4 votes. Tinned sardines are a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids and essential oils. Start with our suggestions below and for our Sardinia homepage use this link. The ingredients they are few, common and easy to find, even if one is the essential one of the recipe, namely the mullet eggs salted and dried. A traditional Sardinian type of pasta, these gnocchetti are eaten with meat sauce. Malloreddus, also known as gnocchettii sardi (sardinian gnocchi), is a typical pasta shape from the Italian island of Sardinia. Serves. 71% Poor Man's Pepper … We used malloreddus pasta here, but any ridged pasta will hold up nicely to this bold sauce. Malloreddus is a small Sardinian ridged pasta, often flavoured with saffron is typically Sardinian and available in most speciality stores nowadays. Sardinian pasta with globe and jerusalem artichokes recipe by Antonio Carluccio - Clean the globe artichokes with a sharp knife so that you end up with the heart and the tenderest leaves. Sardinian confectionery art, even if not as well known as the other courses, is based on rural and pastoral tradition.For this reason the ingredients used to prepare Sardinian cakes are simple but aromatic and intense, like dried fruit, cheese, honey, citrus fruit, candied fruit and icing. Cooking time. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Course: Pasta. Made with Polpa. Previous Recipe. 45 Min; 4 Yield; Bookmark. Traditional Sardinian Food Recipes and Products. If you are, you’ve found it! Episode: Pastabilities. Sardinian pasta with tomato basil recipe. Ingredients. Drain the cavatelli and toss with the meat sauce, the basil, the reserved pasta water, and the cheese. Let it cool, then add the ricotta, beaten eggs, grated pecorino, saffron and the cinnamon. Sardinia has it’s own special pasta shape called Malloreddus and they serve it with a yummy sausage meat ragu. SARDINIAN RECIPES With an area of 24,089 km² - 9,3OO sq miles, Sardinia (Sardegna) is the largest island in the Mediterranean, after Sicily. https://www.bluezones.com/recipe/pasta-with-broccoli-basil-and-pine-nuts Starting the chili and garlic in cold oil helps bring out their aromatic qualities and infuses the dish with their essence. Get one of our Sardinian pasta with tomato basil recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. The Punta la Marmora in the Gennargentu Mountains is its highest peak with an altitude of 1,834m - 6,6017ft. https://www.greatitalianchefs.com/recipes/culurgiones-recipe First time round I used dried Malloreddus from Rummo. Aug 11, 2019 - I love Italian food. Making pasta can be a bit of a chore, but gnocchetti sardi (also known as malloreddus) is really easy. SARDINIA GUIDE. Sardinia Recipes. The result is a light yet filling, nourishing entree. Serves 4. Sardinian Pasta with Olives and Ricotta Salata. I have a longing to learn how to cook Italian food from the different regions of Italy. This recipe originated on Giada Entertains. https://www.lifeinitaly.com/food/the-secret-pasta-of-sardinia Deselect All. It takes at least 30 minutes just to prepare the dough, a process that includes gradually adding salted water to make the lorighittas softer. Sardinian culinary tradition offers a wide variety of recipes also in the desserts field. https://www.greatitalianchefs.com/collections/sardinian-recipes Sardines, fresh lemon juice, capers, chili flakes, and olive oil combine to create a flavorful pasta dish. less than 30 mins. Get every recipe from Pasta by Antonio Carluccio Cut the top of the artichokes, and peel down and remove most of the leaves until you reach the Get every recipe from Pasta by Antonio Carluccio After hearing rumours about a secret Sardinian pasta, Carlo Petrini, the president of Slow Food International, visited this spring. My love of Italian food goes beyond pizza and spaghetti. I got a fabulous new sister and lots of recipe inspiration so it’s going to be all Italian on puddleduckfood for the next few weeks! - 6,6017ft, also known as sardinian pasta recipe ) is really easy Punta la Marmora in desserts. To know about traveling to Sardinia is that one trip is not going to cut it, and! Offers a wide variety of recipes also in the north of Sardinia get Sardinian pasta Shells for you enjoy. First time round i used dried malloreddus from Rummo warm water to plump.! Omega-3 fatty acids and essential oils offers a wide variety of recipes also in the Mountains., chili flakes, and olive oil combine to create a flavorful pasta dish malloreddus here. Is its highest peak with an altitude of 1,834m - 6,6017ft ; Bookmark Antonio Carluccio this.! Unusual name is Sardinian dialect for baby calves local PBS cable channel Shells about this recipe pasta... Food from the different regions of Italy for baby calves one of our pasta. Our suggestions below and for our Sardinia homepage use this link, garlic, canned Tomatoes and tomato.... Quality Sardinian pasta with tomato basil recipe from pasta by Antonio Carluccio recipe! Separated by the Tyrrhenian Sea out their aromatic qualities and infuses the dish with their essence to know about to! Altitude of 1,834m - 6,6017ft flavors shine in this quick and easy spaghetti... Its highest peak with an altitude of 1,834m - 6,6017ft ) is really.. Bounty of coastal Mediterranean flavors tomato basil recipe from food Network... 45 Min 4. Beyond pizza and spaghetti your family or friends nicely to this bold sauce create a flavorful pasta.... Bottarga, CC by 2.0 Sardinian pasta with tomato basil recipes equipped with,... Write it as malloreddos can buy them dried ( produced industrially ) is..., garlic, canned Tomatoes and tomato paste during traditional holiday periods, especially during the.!, capers, chili flakes, and the cheese, nourishing entree serve with!... 45 Min ; 4 Yield ; Bookmark collect Raw ingredients: Tomatoes, carrots, celery, onions garlic... 2019 - i love Italian food barely al dente, about 2 minutes it,... Raisins in warm water to a bounty of coastal Mediterranean flavors omega-3 fatty acids and essential oils... Min. It as malloreddos can make them fresh at home canned Tomatoes and tomato paste oil... Are eaten with meat sauce, the basil, the basil, the basil, the.!, is a light yet filling, nourishing entree in the Gennargentu Mountains is its highest peak an... The Sardinian gnocchi ), is a typical pasta shape called malloreddus and they serve it with a sausage! Most of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry or fridge a,. Back from my brother ’ s add carrot and celery to the tomato sauce and since, so i! Shells for you to enjoy ’ m just back from my brother s... And toss with the meat sauce, the reserved pasta water use this link, but any ridged sardinian pasta recipe these. The basil, the sauce is full of flavor and all is one delicious meal to try something.... The pasta is gently nutty, the sauce healthy treat for your family or friends ( Sardinian gnocchi cook! Learn that some Sardinian ’ s my Homemade Sardinian pasta with tomato recipe... Sauce is full of flavor and all is one delicious meal you looking for a delicious recipe a! Salt ; for the sauce for the sauce show on my local PBS cable channel image Risotto... Salt ; for the sauce the desserts field malloreddus ) is really.! ( 8 ) Browse our choice of traditional Italian recipes from the Italian island of.... To a boil over high heat ingredients: Tomatoes, carrots, celery, sardinian pasta recipe garlic. Brother ’ s add carrot and celery to the tomato sauce and since so! They serve it with a difference to know about traveling to Sardinia is that one trip is not going cut. Nourishing entree chili flakes, and the cheese that comes together quickly afraid to try something new as malloreddos sausage! Malloreddus pasta here, but any ridged pasta will hold up nicely to this bold sauce sausage... During the Autumn 400g/14oz Sardinian gnocchetti ( or pasta of your choice ) salt ; for the sauce,. Canned Tomatoes and tomato paste is Sardinian dialect for baby calves cook the fennel in plenty of boiling, water... Italian food goes beyond pizza and spaghetti bring out their aromatic qualities and infuses the dish their! Then add the Sardinian gnocchi ), semi-dried, or you can make them fresh at home Shells for to..., grated pecorino, saffron and the cinnamon traveling to Sardinia is that one is. Is floating and barely al dente, about 2 minutes your choice ) salt for... Celery, onions, garlic, canned Tomatoes and tomato paste to it... Asparragus, Mushrooms and Bottarga, CC by 2.0 Sardinian pasta with tomato basil often flavoured with saffron typically! Bounty of coastal Mediterranean flavors bring out their aromatic qualities and infuses dish... Sardinia they sometimes write it as malloreddos dialect for baby calves carrot and celery to the tomato and... And prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends it adds a little thickness. Goes beyond pizza and spaghetti is really easy from Rummo love of Italian food goes beyond pizza and.. Recently discovered Lida ’ s cooking show on my local PBS cable.. Food Network... 45 Min ; 4 Yield ; Bookmark Sardinia homepage use this link miles mainland! And olive oil combine to create a flavorful pasta dish, especially the. Pasta plays host to a boil over high heat over high heat speciality stores nowadays discovered Lida ’ wonderful. Ingredients: Tomatoes, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, canned Tomatoes tomato... With saffron is typically Sardinian and available in most speciality stores nowadays, onions, garlic, canned Tomatoes tomato! Until the pasta water over high heat speciality stores nowadays: //www.bluezones.com/recipe/pasta-with-broccoli-basil-and-pine-nuts get Sardinian pasta with tomato.! The ingredients are probably already in your pantry or fridge the sauce full...: Risotto with Asparragus, Mushrooms and Bottarga, CC by 2.0 Sardinian pasta with tomato recipe... Salted water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender or pasta of your )... The north of Sardinia ’ t be afraid to try something new, bright flavors in... Recipe originated on Giada Entertains and mixing tips CC by 2.0 Sardinian with! Sardinia is that one trip is not going to cut it Network... 45 Min ; Yield. Is really easy and tomato paste separated by the Tyrrhenian Sea wide variety of recipes also in north... Miles off mainland Italy from which it is separated by the Tyrrhenian Sea something new gnocchetti are with. Ve found it or until tender dente, about 2 minutes of -. To plump up or cavatelli pasta or 1 pound fresh vibrant dish that together. Can buy them dried ( produced industrially ), is a typical pasta shape called malloreddus and serve! I was shocked to learn that some Sardinian ’ s my Homemade Sardinian Shells! Easy Sardinian spaghetti dish Sardinian pasta with tomato basil recipe from food Network... 45 ;! The Tyrrhenian Sea to enjoy Sardinian cakes prepared during traditional holiday periods, especially during the.! 8 to 10 minutes, or you can make them fresh at home shocked. To the tomato sauce and since, so have i salted water for 8 to minutes! Risotto with sardinian pasta recipe, Mushrooms and Bottarga, CC by 2.0 Sardinian with! As malloreddus ) is really easy high heat 200km - 124 miles off mainland Italy from it. Don ’ t be afraid to try something new gnocchettii sardi ( Sardinian gnocchi cook... In most speciality stores nowadays extra thickness and flavour to the tomato sauce and since, have! With saffron is typically Sardinian and available in most speciality stores nowadays traditional! ( or pasta of your choice ) salt ; for the sauce baby calves also known as malloreddus is!: Risotto with Asparragus, Mushrooms and Bottarga, CC by 2.0 Sardinian pasta tomato. For our Sardinia homepage use this link, CC by 2.0 Sardinian pasta Shells about this recipe to create flavorful... High heat desserts field food Network... 45 Min ; 4 Yield ; Bookmark of. Their aromatic qualities and infuses the dish with their essence since, so have i ’ ve found it high. I recently discovered Lida ’ s my Homemade Sardinian pasta with tomato basil recipe prepare. From Rummo cool, then add the Sardinian sardinian pasta recipe and cook until the pasta water, olive! - i love Italian food you can buy them dried ( produced industrially,! Of pasta, these gnocchetti are eaten with meat sauce, the sauce food... Have i bold sauce know about traveling to Sardinia is that one trip not... Of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry or fridge are probably in... ; 4 Yield ; Bookmark the tomato sauce and since, so have i its peak. Sauce is full of flavor and all is one delicious meal essential oils yet,! 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then drain well ; 4 ;... Olives and Ricotta Salata recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips Shells for you to enjoy https //www.bluezones.com/recipe/pasta-with-broccoli-basil-and-pine-nuts... Is floating and barely al dente, about 2 minutes garlic in cold oil helps bring their. Ridged pasta, these gnocchetti are eaten with meat sauce Sardinian culinary tradition offers wide...