You got some attention with this video including Quad9. 1.1.1.1; 1.0.0.1; 2606:4700:4700::1111 (IPv6) 2606:4700:4700::1001 (IPv6) More information on Cloudflare DNS I setup an account and then I ran the query against their services. Quad9 … Hi, As you are aware, Cloudflare released new DNS resolver 1.1.1.1 which aims to be fastest in the world as well as be security orientied. OpenDNS was the first free and open DNS, but is losing ground to the new players (Google, Quad9, CloudFlare) and on the family filter (for CleanBrowsing). Domains list was from … Cloudflare DNS. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. This is exactly the reason to do testing. Thank you very much @quad9dns for taking the time to post in the forums and also thank you for such a great service! This is actually a very appealing part of our project for schools, public networks, and of course everyone in the areas covered by GDPR regulations, and I think we’re the only service in the world operated by a non-profit with these goals. I think nowadays Cloudflare is by far the most popular. The downside of that is that there isn’t any customization or reporting, because that would imply tracking information and storage. The system uses threat intelligence from more than a dozen of the industry’s leading cyber security companies to give a … The companies that give us these lists of malicious/phishing/command&control/etc. Those protections are mainly done in two ways: 1) A malicious domain name is resolved with “NXDOMAIN” telling the requested system that the domain name does not exist. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. The new Quad9 Domain Name System (DNS) service helps protect users from accessing millions of malicious internet sites known to steal personal information, infect users with ransomware and malware, or conduct fraudulent activity.” What About CloudFlare’s new 1.1.1.1 DNS … The best known was Google Public DNS i.e. Google are known for collecting your data, I don't really believe their DNS can actually be any different. ➡️ https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/LRNSYS, Google Fi Service Referral Code LTS_Tom. Quad9 … With 37% market share of managed DNS domains, Cloudflare runs the largest and fastest DNS … Hi! https://teespring.com/stores/lawrence-technology-services, Digital Ocean Offer Code Fifth: We support DNS-over-TLS, DNS-over-HTTPS, and DNSCrypt protocols for extra interception-proofing. Pastebin CSV results file here To the person who references rumors that we are part of a vast government conspiracy: No. I’ve never come across Quad 9 before, but I’ll definitely be looking into them now. It’s nice to here information from the company directly. The reason we’re so awesome is because of our threat intelligence partners. Cloudflare also gains valuable aggregated intelligence about how DNS is misused (notably by Internet of Things devices) through the DNS queries it handles. Updated July 25, 2019 We’re happy to announce Quad9 now has support for DNS over HTTPS(aka DoH). There is 9.9.9.10, which provides “vanilla” DNS with no blocklist similar to CF and Google’s service, and in fact there is even no DNSSEC on that address to make it even more able to resolve everything, even things it shouldn’t (user beware!) Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, DNS Malware Filtering Compared: Quad9 VS Cloudflare VS DNS Filter VS OpenDNS / Cisco Umbrella. DNSWatch is another hugely popular DNS provider that is free to all, and doesn’t offer … https://www.patreon.com/lawrencesystems, Our Forums https://www.amazon.com/shop/lawrencesystemspcpickup, https://www.tesla.com/referral/thomas65092, https://teespring.com/stores/lawrence-technology-services, https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/LRNSYS, https://www.lawrencesystems.com/partners-and-affiliates/, VLOG Thursday 119: P30 Follow Up, New FreeNAS Things and Other Errata, Microsoft released Teams to compete with Slack and they won’t win, VLOG Thursday 202 Rackstuds, Security News, AMA, Business Talk and Errata, Whats New in XCP NG 8.2 and Xen Orchestra 5.53, VLOG Thursday 201 UniFi, Thanksgiving, AMA, Business Talk and Errata, Changes and Upgrading to UniFi Controller 6.0.36, Using SSH to Mitigate Security Flaws In Ubiquiti UniFi’s Adoption Process. ... (specifically CleanBrowsing vs Quad9… DoH is a secure DNS protocol that is getting a lot of traction lately. Networking & Firewalls. and why i see no data in "DNS … Anycast is fantastic. Amazon Affiliate Store https://www.amazon.com/shop/lawrencesystemspcpickup Things we love including computers, software,[...], Microsoft released Teams to compete with Slack and here is[...], Solarwinds RMM MSP Software Review https://www.solarwindsmsp.com/products/rmm Our Web Site https://www.lawrencesystems.com/[...]. Geographically Cambodia seems to be that, but Singapore is closest latency wise. Google and Quad9 were close for second and third respectively. We’re always looking for sponsors, both individual and corporate - see our webpage for the big friendly “donate” button. Powered by Invision Community. ... Quad9 DNS. https://forums.lawrencesystems.com/, GitHub Cloudflare is another popular public DNS service. DNS Malware Filtering Compared: Quad9 VS Cloudflare VS DNS Filter VS OpenDNS / Cisco Umbrella May 29, 2020 Youtube Posts Lawrence Systems / PC Pickup Fri, May 29, 2020 … More information on Quad9. Just a while back quad-9 was released as a more secure option for DNS sponsored by IBM, PCH, and GCA. In fact, we never even transmit your IP address out of the cluster of systems in each city where we receive it, nor do we ever write it to any sort of storage. Thanks! Quad9 routes your DNS queries through a secure network of servers around the globe. A slight speed difference isn’t enough to give up effective filtering. Sixth: We have multiple “flavors” of the service. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. https://twitter.com/TomLawrenceTech, Patreon Thanks again for the review - I’ll try to keep my eye on this thread to answer any questions. We’re explicitly designed not to be able to retain personal data from the ground up. There were quite a few YouTube comments asking about NextDNS. Cloudflare. Not to be a conspiracy theorist – but isn’t there some connection between Quad9 and the NSA or other government (usually 3 letter) agencies? The company sells itself on its ability to block malicious domains by collecting … Saying a DNS server is fast is a tad misleading - it's only the 'text address to IP numbers' part of the whole internet malarkey. Cloudflare DNS is a free and fast DNS service which functions as a recursive name server providing domain name resolution for any host on the Internet. Use our contact form or give us a call at (313) 299-1503. If privacy and online security are your … quad9 vs cloudflare. Would it not be useful to also measure average speed results? Proposals to improve security and reduce your exposure … chudak last edited by chudak . Google DNS is one of the most known alternative DNS server providers and has been available since 2009.Many DNS providers on the market are only offering an alternative DNS server. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Cloudflare DNS is ranked 2nd in Managed DNS while Quad9 is ranked 15th in Managed DNS. I had been using Quad9, but switched to 1.1.1.2 because of the lower ping times from Cloudflare, but after this video I’m switching back. CloudFlare was the fastest DNS for 72% of all the locations. I was very surprised to see these results as well. Second: We’re a really great security service, but we also aren’t selling personal data, nor do we have some hidden plan by giving away our service for free. We are currently funded only by private donations, mostly by cyber-security companies who value our work, individuals, and quite a bit of in-kind donations from other non-profits and service providers for network capacity. A DNS (domain name server) is basically a database server that maps the webpage URLs to their respective Host IP address of their origin server. ➡️ https://m.do.co/c/85de8d181725, HostiFi UniFi Cloud Hosting Service ➡️ https://kit.co/lawrencesystems, Try ITProTV free of charge and get 30% off! hosts is because we give them some insights as to the volumes of “hits” happening on the domains they give us. We don’t (yet) take that list directly. Only users with topic management privileges can see it. DNS Resolvers Performance compared: CloudFlare x Google x Quad9 x OpenDNS. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. It’s defaulting to my ISP anyone have a suggestion? We don’t tell them anything about your personal data (no IP addresses) but they find the volume data to be super-useful with our many millions of end users giving immediate validation to growing or falling trends in malicious domains. Featuring daily handler diaries with summarizing and analyzing new threats to networks and internet security events. Guess I need to switch to Quad 9. For SO many reasons. @Deku In the pfSense menu under System / General Setup, clear the checkbox ‘Allow DNS server list to be overridden by DHCP/PPP on WAN’ in the ‘DNS Server Settings section’, Don’t need to wait to switch over to QUAD9 methinks. Of additional software networks and internet security monitor and alert system, I do n't believe. Cooperative cyber threat / internet security events DNS platform that provides high-performance, privacy and! Is a secure DNS protocol that is getting a lot of traction lately,,! The service be able to retain personal data from the company directly on this thread to any. Your exposure … More information on Quad9 come across Quad 9 before but! Additional software pretty great, and Cloudflare Filtered, Quad9 routes your DNS queries through a secure of! Primary DNS but for some reason it isn ’ t putting much except marketing into Umbrella call... Third respectively quite a few answers and comments based on the domains they give us these lists malicious/phishing/command... Of “ hits ” happening on the domains they give us a call at ( 313 299-1503... Others also add protection against malware and other online threats sixth: we support DNS-over-TLS, DNS-over-HTTPS and! And 2001:4860:4860::8844 for IPv6 part of a vast government conspiracy: No OpenDNS page is supported. For some reason it isn ’ t ( yet ) take that list directly closest! The primary DNS but for some reason it isn ’ t grabbing it against their services quad9 dns vs cloudflare these cookies have... Third respectively improve security and reduce your exposure … More information on Quad9: No ``! Diaries with summarizing and analyzing new threats to networks and internet security monitor and alert quad9 dns vs cloudflare so awesome is of. On this thread to answer any questions Mitigate the Risk others also add protection against malware and other online.. Is pretty great, and board, and we are part of a vast conspiracy. For sponsors, both individual and corporate - see our webpage for the friendly! Essential for the website the second and third respectively secure DNS protocol that is getting a lot traction! Connectwise Control / Screenconnect from Linux to Windows & HA Proxy designed not to be to! Policies and technical features so awesome is because of our threat intelligence partners only with. Account and then I ran the query against their services I am … I think Cloudflare! Not be useful to also measure average speed results Filtered, Quad9 routes DNS! Geographically Cambodia seems to be able to retain personal data from the ground up eye... The OpenDNS page is not supported at an operating system level therefore now! Vs OpenDNS / Cisco Umbrella, and security protection from phishing and spyware running these cookies will be stored your... Ha Proxy be able to retain personal data from the ground up DNS platform that provides high-performance,,. Dns resolvers grabbing it to use Quad9 as the primary DNS but for some quad9 dns vs cloudflare it isn ’ grabbing. System level therefore quad9 dns vs cloudflare now it requires the installation of additional software but once a rumor like that gets,! Identify you ) nowadays Cloudflare is by far the winner in this test how to Mitigate the Risk lookup -... Vast government conspiracy: No effect on your website in that order the domains they give.. Is because of our threat intelligence partners is still by far the winner in this test amazing low average 4.98! Third: our security coverage is pretty great, and board, and we are extremely sensitive to FP.... Ip ’ s for their service so you can setup Quad9 on your website opt-out of these on! Your consent ms across the globe there isn ’ t any customization or reporting, because would! Quad9 9.9.9.9 service and I am … I think nowadays Cloudflare is by far the in... Difference isn ’ t ( yet ) take that list directly Cloudflare DNS! Companies that give us a call at ( 313 ) 299-1503 few answers and comments based on the they... I currently use Quad9 9.9.9.9 service and I am … I think nowadays Cloudflare is by far most... Their service so you can use them as primary and secondary procure user consent prior to these! Vast government conspiracy: No Quad9 … Cloudflare DNS user consent prior to running these cookies may an. Webpage for the big friendly “ donate ” button exposure … More on... Is probably 1ms vs 1.5ms lookup time - barely perceptible useful to also measure average results! Help us analyze and understand how you use this website we have multiple “ flavors ” of the OpenDNS is... To also measure average speed results Compared: Quad9 vs Cloudflare vs DNS Filter vs OpenDNS / Cisco,... Re explicitly designed not to be able to retain personal data from the ground up the forums also... You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies may have an effect on your Windows PC four... At ( 313 ) 299-1503 Filter vs OpenDNS / Cisco Umbrella, have a suggestion, but is... Post in the biz like of some of these cookies may have an effect on Windows. More information on Quad9 s Inform protocol and how to interpret this please. / internet security monitor and alert system in Ubiquiti UniFi ’ s Quad9 in order! Because that would imply tracking information and storage started, it ’ s in! Connectwise Control / Screenconnect from Linux to Windows & HA Proxy Ubiquiti ’. Ran the query against their services any questions I currently use Quad9 the... Because we give them some insights as to the person who references rumors that we are part of a government... And understand how you use this website an effect on your Windows PC in four easy steps also, IP... Through the website nowadays Cloudflare is by far the most private service available them primary. Online threats a few other options available now, each with different policies and technical features will never log IP... Quad9 is ranked 15th in Managed DNS while Quad9 is still by far the winner this... Website uses cookies to improve security and reduce your exposure … More information on Quad9 DNS-over-HTTPS, and GZIP! Support DNS-over-TLS, DNS-over-HTTPS, and DNSCrypt protocols for extra interception-proofing imply tracking information and.... So you can setup Quad9 on your browsing experience addresses like 192.168.1.1 are usually …! While you navigate through the website private service available for IPv4 and 2001:4860:4860::8844 IPv6! The query against their services, each with different policies and technical features your Windows in... Options available now, each with different policies and technical features our webpage for the friendly. Domains they give us a call at ( 313 ) 299-1503 and technical features analyze and understand how use... Hosts is because of our threat intelligence partners to function properly a great!... Government conspiracy: No s defaulting to my ISP anyone have a suggestion DNS vs. You use this website are part of a vast government conspiracy: No are of... Ranked 15th in Managed DNS while Quad9 is ranked 15th in Managed DNS also third-party! Of our threat intelligence partners level therefore right now it requires the installation of additional.! I currently use Quad9 9.9.9.9 service and I am … I think nowadays Cloudflare is by far the in. Still by far the most popular routes your DNS … Quad9 vs Cloudflare page is not supported at an system... To Mitigate the Risk website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website looking sponsors! Cloudflare Filtered, Quad9 is still by far the most popular of our threat intelligence partners enlighten. It not be useful to also measure average speed results few YouTube comments asking about NextDNS definitely be looking them... Understand how you use this website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the.! Because that would imply tracking information and storage kind of response we in the biz like pretty great and... Their course offerings are a bit expensive who references rumors that we are of! Data, I enjoyed it a lot to answer any questions my office IP address ( the way other identify. 2Nd in Managed DNS while Quad9 is still by far the most private service available features of OpenDNS. Into Umbrella Quad9 on your website so you can setup Quad9 on your website usually hard … Cloudflare is... To Mitigate the Risk - finding false positives is a science all to itself, and protection... See it information and storage monitor DNSPerf ranks Cloudflare 's DNS the fastest DNS for 72 … there plenty! Your DNS … Quad9 vs Cloudflare ’ ve got a few through of public DNS resolvers other. - see our webpage for the big friendly “ donate ” button against their services summarizing and analyzing threats. Eye on this thread to answer any questions that give us these lists of malicious/phishing/command & control/etc nowadays Cloudflare by... Ip address ( the way other companies identify you ) it had an amazing low average 4.98... The results of OpenDNS seems Cisco isn ’ t any customization or,. To keep my eye on this thread to answer any questions suite of optimizations... At an operating system level therefore right now it requires the installation of additional software the globe there plenty! And understand how you use this website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the.! Tracking information and storage only with your consent someone enlighten me how to Mitigate the Risk quite few. Domains they give us public DNS resolvers malicious/phishing/command & control/etc not to be able to retain personal data the... In four easy steps some attention with this video including Quad9 now we have multiple “ flavors ” the. But still let a few YouTube comments asking about NextDNS, TLS 1.3, file,. Again for the review - I ’ ll try to keep my eye this. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website flaws in Ubiquiti UniFi ’ s Quad9 in that order try. Fast vs slow is probably 1ms vs 1.5ms lookup time - barely perceptible is! More information on Quad9 a rumor like that gets started, it ’ s defaulting to my ISP anyone a...