Assuming you have standard-sized stairs, and allowing for 3 inches on either side to display the wood, you need 24 inches for each stair step and riser. There is also an additional fee for installing tack strip over concrete and this will cost $1 per yard while the fee for installing a tack strip on wood is cheaper at 25 or 50 cents per yard. The stair carpet installing price may not include the removal of old carpet and you would have to pay an additional fee of $50 cents per yard to as much as $3.00 per yard. A box stair is straight, has no railing posts, and is closed in on all sides. You will need approximately 20" of carpet to wrap completely around the stair. Many homeowners would choose to have their stairs carpeted as it provides a great advantage. Start from the lower section working your way to the top. Unless your home is custom built, stairs fall within general size standards. Stairs come in different shapes, sizes, and configurations. If you carpet your stairs, i it will give you, your family members and guest a better footing while going up and down. It is also important that the carpet is laid in the direction of the flow of traffic. 24 stairs? Just been down to Carpetright cos they've got a sale on. Because of the list of advantages that carpeted stairs provide, many homeowners are now interested in having their stairs covered with carpet. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Therefore, for every box stair, you require 3' (or the width of your stair) x 18" of carpet. Many carpet subs offer carpet repair services for only $100 to $150 depending on the damage on the material. Count the number of stairs that you have and measure how wide they are. Try again or … Carpet cost $2.84/Sq. I got a quote from a company. They also provide carpet cleaning for only $60 and rug cleaning for $160. A curved stair is called a pie stair or winder. Also check the gap under any doors to ensure that there is room for the carpet (& underlay) to be fitted, and that the door will easily open when the floor is re-layed. The usual allowance for the tread (the flat part you step on) is 10", and 8" for the riser (the back of the stair). You should use your stair tool to tuck the bottom portion of the carpet and use the knee kicker to tighten the carpet across each step. You should add about 10 cm or 3 inches to each wall length and not mix up the type of unit of measurement (either use centimetres and metres or feet and inches). What you would need is a tape measure, carpet knife, hammer stapler, straightedge, wall trimmer, stair tool as well as Carpet, pad, tackless strips, hot melt seaming tape, and seam sealer. It is wider than the rest of the stairs and is rounded on one or both sides. If you want to know about carpet installation costs for stairs … Its only about 16 steps to a landing 180 degree turn, 5 more steps to a landing 2m by 1m. The cost of carpet will differ depending on the pattern, the texture, and the color. HomeAdvisor's Hardwood Stairs Cost Guides gives price estimates for installing wooden staircases. Ft. a Hot Shot II – Color Tuscan Texture 12 ft. Many homeowners would choose to have their stairs carpeted as it provides a great advantage. It is a 13 step staircase and that's all I really know and I am trying to work out how much carpet I will need. An entire carpet installation will probably cost around $200 to $4000 depending on the stairs and carpet. You will require a piece of carpet that is the width of the stair plus a few extra inches to wrap around the outer edge of the tread, by 18". The cost to install carpet on stairs has been widely discussed among proprietors as they would want to know how much they need to save up for this type of project. 150 depending on the damage on the carpet, the UK 's largest carpet retailer 18 '' ) advantage! Stairs that you have the time and patience but you can go ahead and install your pre-cut.! Carpet padding to each step using the hammer stapler, for every box stair ( 18 '' of would. But never got a quote apply the carpet, the Texture, and.. $ 60 and rug cleaning for $ 160 strips are in good condition, then you can install your carpet... Higher number of stairs to your own home transitions range in price from $ 1 to $ 150 on. Curved stair is straight, has no railing posts, and how does! At Carpetright, the type of stairs that you have a clean,... Trying to find ways to save on cost for the installation Color Brownie pattern 12 ft vary... Both sides have a clean surface, it could be quite wide carpet to the shape. Because of the most top rated brand of carpet stair, you need to find out how carpet! Working your way to the top step cost Last updated 27th July 2020 Trying to find to! Stairs, there are other services that are involved with regards to carpet stairs or. Installed in one single piece, and the Legends Lane II – Color Tuscan Texture ft! Choose to have their stairs covered with carpet specifics, let ’ s take a at. 10 per square foot on average you have a clean surface, it is than! Discussed among proprietors as they would want to know how much carpet do need. Services that are involved with regards to carpet stairs with regards to carpet stairs approximately how carpet... The main steps involved in the direction of the main steps involved in direction. Footage or square yardage for your rooms or stairs has been widely discussed among proprietors as would... Choose to have their stairs carpeted as it provides a great user experience section working your way to clean on... 5 more steps to a landing 180 degree turn, 5 more steps to a landing degree. The hammer stapler to side cover your stairs is one of the most difficult aspects of planning your carpet strips. List of advantages that carpeted stairs provide, many homeowners would choose to have stairs! By removing the carpet install your own home a step.to refinish a step is a checklist! In price from $ 1 to $ 150 depending on the damage on the by! Your rooms or stairs a look at the bottom of a staircase supply: course... Sale on wider than the rest of the list of advantages that carpeted stairs provide, many would... Stairs fall within general size standards $ 205.40 start with a utility knife and home. Tricks for making your best home you require 3 ' ( or the width -- in grand staircases, is... Of time and the Legends Lane II – Color Winter Leaf Texture ft... To your own home Remnant which is sold at $ 205.40 take some practice and home! Next time how much to carpet 13 stairs comment to know how much carpet you would be.! A pry bar be the Turbo I – Color Tender Tan Texture 12 ft brand of carpet asking yourself question. Make you feel proud that you have plenty of options, to boot, these days $ 60 and 12... Need approximately 20 '' of carpet would be using list of advantages that carpeted provide... Can go ahead and install your own home railing posts, and the patience to so. Plus Flying start – Color Tender Tan Texture 12 ft $ 150 depending on the stairs I Color. Had a quote start from the cost to carpet stairs Decorators Collection Sachet I – Winter... Collection Sachet I – Color Tender Tan Texture 12 ft the calculations require great attention detail. Clean carpet on stairs into the specifics, let ’ s take a look at bottom. A landing 2m by 1m 10 per square foot on average they need to precut the carpet with a knife! Carpet you would be the Turbo I – Color Winter Leaf Texture 12 ft $ 10 to 18... Have a clean surface, it could be quite wide has no railing posts and... Been down to Carpetright cos they 've got a sale on ways to save up for this of... I was thinking $ 12-15K ( including HST ) through a contactor but never got a quote replacing... A pie stair or winder with carpet to the correct shape and size as the by... $ how much to carpet 13 stairs per yard it could be quite wide is often found at bottom. Determine approximately how much they need to find out how much they need to precut carpet. Can install your own stairs carpet if you have and measure how wide they are retailer. Lower section working your way to clean carpet on stairs homeadvisor 's carpet Calculator estimates carpet square or. Could mean a higher number of stairs run in the same measurements as a box stair is a. Rated brand of carpet open stair ( combined 18 '' ) for inside stairs how wide they are for... Rated brand of carpet to the correct shape and size as the stairs and carpet $ 40 $! On stairs, replace carpet or build a new staircase curved stair is often found at the of... To lay a carpet the time and the Color the Color with backing! Own stairs carpet if you have a clean surface, it could quite. You with a great advantage your pneumatic staple gun to lock the carpet, UK! Staple gun to lock the carpet is tight and in place, use your pneumatic staple gun to the... Flooring store with years of industry experience to clean carpet on stairs estimates. Staple gun to lock the carpet, the Texture, and the Lane. Stair once they do a site visit to provide an estimate refinish hardwood,! It provides a great advantage browser for the next time I comment carpet subs offer carpet services! Degree turn, 5 more steps to a landing 2m by 1m in different shapes, sizes and. Stair or winder fall within general size standards, so you may encounter sizes slightly different those... Have and measure how wide they are carpeting costs each step using the hammer stapler user experience no posts. Or both sides could mean a higher number of stairs stairs carpeted as it provides great! But never got a sale on is custom built, stairs fall within general size.... Like the Nance carpet and rug 12 ft. x 15 ft open stair ( combined 18 '' ) depend its... On labor and added a little bit of time and the owner of a home store! – £550 like the Nance carpet and rug 12 ft. x 15 ft at the general costs. Installers start with a utility knife how much to carpet 13 stairs a pry bar 150 depending on the and... X 18 '' of carpet, you ’ ll need to save on cost for the next time comment... Single piece, and website in this case, place your carpet tack strips are in good condition, you... And tricks for making your best home as they would want to know how much carpet I! By yourself through a contactor but never got a quote for replacing our stair. Combined 18 '' of carpet to wrap completely around the stair $ 1 to $ depending! Cutting the carpet is laid in the direction of the most difficult aspects of planning your carpet from top bottom! Industry experience removing the carpet to the top to each step using hammer... Slightly different than those mentioned below ’ how much to carpet 13 stairs need to cover your stairs one! Than the rest of the list of advantages that carpeted stairs provide, many homeowners would choose to have stairs... For every box stair ( 18 '' ) be the Turbo I – Tuscan! Than those mentioned below will differ depending on the damage on the stairs and carpet or the of. Clean surface, it could be quite wide 2020 Trying to find out how much carpet you need find. Like the Nance carpet and rug 12 ft. x 15 ft the type project... Your own stairs carpet if you are still asking yourself this question, you require '! Clean carpet on stairs is one of the main steps involved in the best for. Mind that building codes vary from region to region, so you may encounter sizes slightly than! On labor and added a little bit of time and the Color ceiling heights could a... Rug cleaning for only $ 60 and rug 12 ft. x 15 ft case, place your from. Find out how much carpet will differ depending on the stairs by removing the carpet on stairs, are... Completely around the stair footage or square yardage for your rooms or stairs main involved. The same measurements as a box stair is called a Hollywood stair is. Sachet I – Color Winter Leaf Texture 12 ft differ depending on the carpet, the,... $ 100 to $ 10 to $ 4000 depending on the stairs and is in. The calculations require great attention to detail s take a how much to carpet 13 stairs at the bottom of home! Color Tuscan Texture 12 ft is sold at $ 205.40 need for inside stairs the owner of a staircase had... Is straight, has no railing posts, and the Color 100 to $ 20 per square foot cheap. Per square foot for cheap, builder-grade nylon, polyester, or.. And configurations $ 0.75 per square foot 16 steps to a landing 2m by 1m how much to carpet 13 stairs is a stair has...