All information is provided "AS IS." Clogged Gas Feed If you hear clicking and see sparks as you turn the burner knob, and can smell that gas is flowing okay, but the fire won’t ignite, it’s possible that the gas feed is clogged. 2. The front right Power Plus Boil Bu... Every time we turn the oven on, we get an acrid smell that really makes you want to leave the kitchen (and can leave you feeling a little woozy although this *might* be imagined?) CLICK HERE for more information on cleaning burners. If your cooking gets a bit messy sometimes, food debris can get lodged around the ignition system. A lack of ignition to the oven burners results in a clicking sound without the strong blue spark; there may be no spark or a pale white spark. Please try again later. Bad spark module. As a result, the spark electrode will make a clicking sound when the burner is turned on, but the burner This is a super quick and easy fix – simply lift off the grate (make sure it’s cool to the touch), take off the burner cap, and lift the burner out from the range top. Nothing different than usual. Website operating This grime will throw the system off, causing the igniter clicking when it’s off. If the spark igniter lights the burner but does not stop clicking, the igniter electrode is likely dirty, and the metal rod of the electrode should be scrubbed clean. Recently installed or re-connected to gas supply? Otherwise, you might need a new spark module or you may need to perform a more advanced repair. how do you know its not sparking at the burner. I used compressed air to blow the flame control knob assemblies as good as I could and the clicking went away for about 12 hours. 2. All rights reserved. This is a pretty simple fix. Replacing the ignitor or the ignition switch at the front of the stove may be necessary to repair the issue. Ovens, Heating I let it dry overnight but it still won’t light. I have a GE Profile JGP990SEL1SS gas stove top burner that has the clicking problem. Unplug the power source I have tried a jumper wire to make sure the ground (grn wire) was good, but nothing has stopped the continous clicking after the flame comes on. To improve the burner performance, either decrease the downdraft vent blower speed or increase the cooktop burner flame setting. Did you experience a power failure or was the appliance recently unplugged? I was cooking potatoes and some water overflowed and got into the gas burner on my stove, putting out the flame. Questions of a Do It Yourself nature should be A clicking sound will occur if there is no gas, check to see that the gas supply is open to the burner. I can hear gas hissing, but no flame. No spark. All rights reserved. If you’re not well versed in DIY appliance repair, we suggest a professional service for this job. After zapping myself with 220 volts when re-wiring a light when stationed in Germany I never assume with electricity. other e-mail marketing communications from KitchenAid and its If the spark electrode is defective or worn out, it might not produce a spark, or the spark might be too weak to ignite the gas. The surface burners are making a clicking noise but failing to ignite on your  Amana Cooktop, Is the Control Lockout feature activated? Remove the back panel. p.m. EST. I have replaced the 4 point gas re-igniter (PA 020041 blue) twice and even replaced 2 of the 4 spark igniters on the burners. Note: If the spark is only missing from one or two of your burners, then skip to “issue number two.” You can speed up the drying process by blowing cool air on the area using a hair dryer. Igniter on gas stove won't stop clicking and I'm getting gas smell. (on some models). Dirty burner cap, bad ground. If you smell gas, follow proper safety precautions. Ge stove. Is this the first time the surface burners have been used? Unplug your Viking stove. How do you know when you've got it right? Allow time for the moisture to dry. Allow the burner to completely dry. When the control is locked out, the surface burners cannot be turned on by the control knobs. The fix: Cut the gas and power to the stove, remove the burner cap and use a screwdriver or hex driver to disconnect the burner base. If the burner does not spark, see Gas Surface Burner Does Not Ignite. Model number is:790.3103 As a result, the spark electrode will make a clicking sound when the burner is turned on, but the burner won't light. The electronic igniter on the GE Profile gas range makes a clicking sound when it activates as you turn the dial on the stove. Gas stoves that use an electronic… Now all four burners have been clicking for the past two hours. This is due to a faulty ignitor module. If you are trying within the service hours and are still seeing this message, please A gas stove that makes a clicking noise — even when turned off, or with a burner lit— might be a sign that moisture or dirt is interfering with the functioning of the spark ignitor (or surface burner ignitor), or a part of the electronic ignition system needs replacing. Ta-dah, there you go lovelies, a persistent clicking gas stove problem can be a real heartache, and when s**t hits the stove, the burner won’t even light. 20 1/4" X 11" X 3 1/2", and weighs just under 11 pounds. ®/™ © /* * / Amana that you should have a qualified gas technician connect the to..., either decrease the downdraft vent system gas stove clicking but no spark affect the flame stability and cooking.!