Thanks for waiting. Then lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for 30 more minutes until the topping is cooked through and the filling is bubbly. Have these ingredients delivered or schedule pickup SAME DAY! 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. My MIL who is a very picky eater and strict lacto- vegetarian loved it! Shar loves cherry, but I’m going to take her some apple to try. Happy baking! Since you don’t mix it with the butter, pour it so it covers evenly. Thanks so much for the quick reply, Elise! Add the chopped apples (and the lemon juice from the bowl), sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Most pies are baked in a pie pan, a round dish with sloping sides. Thank you! Will be making again, thank you! Make the filling, let it cool, and store its own container in the fridge for up to 3 days. The crust will turn to a beautiful golden brown, especially at the edges. Enjoy! For more delicious dessert ideas, check out these recipes: This recipe is a keeper, and too good not to share. Or 1.5 times it? Please try again later. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I agree with others that this is the BEST apple cobbler. I made this dish for a dinner party and it was a great hit! STEP 1. For crust and topping, combine cake mix, oats, walnuts and melted butter in large bowl. Life can be challenging enough, so this easy dessert is a pleasure. https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/dishes/crisp-cobbler/apple This is the only step, by the way, that requires you to stir or mix anything. Since cobbler is best the day it’s made, can it really be made ahead? Use your fingertips or a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour mixture until the largest piece of butter is no bigger than a pea. Thanks! The filling is seasoned with cinnamon, lemon, and vanilla and isn’t overly sweet. You could even use a 10-inch cast iron skillet. The bake time is 50 to 60 minutes, depending on what elevation you live at. But if you experiment with freezing it, please let us know how it turns out for you! If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions. Could you point me in the right direction? For say, is it alright if we use a square dish but around the same size? All rights reserved. You can make and freeze the filling for up to a month ahead. Preheat oven to 350°F. This recipe uses one box of Krusteaz Cinnamon Crumb Cake mix. 5 Make the cobbler … Cut in shortening until mixture resembles peas. Only thing I did differently is substitute buttermilk with milk and 1 TBLS of lemon juice. Your OG apple cobbler was the first thing I baked growing up in Cairo and it was always such a hit! In a large bowl, mix together the apples, sugars, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and lemon. Just spoon it in and get ready to be pleasantly surprised by how easily this dessert turns into a delicious treat. Spread the apple pie filling on top of the mixture. lemon juice Scant 1/2 c. brown sugar 1/2 c. broken walnut meats Cinnamon. 3 lbs of a variety of good cooking apples such as Granny Smith, Pippin, Fuji, Golden Delicious, Gravenstein, 1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into small cubes, 1 Tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger. I keep wondering why these recipes are called cobblers? https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/apple-cobbler-recipe-easy I hope you beat me to it. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. BEAT And glad it worked :). Place apple mixture in prepared pie shell. Step 1. Preparation. however, i don’t know how the preparation time is only 30 min. Hi Alex, great question! Store this in an airtight container for up to three days. Partially cover the pot and cook until the apples are just tender, about 10 minutes. It goes great with vanilla ice cream and a dash of brown sugar! Place sliced apples into ungreased 13x9-inch baking Spoon fruit mixture into an ungreased 8-inch square pan (a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan is recommended by the recipe). First time commenting? Thanks for letting us know, this will be handy to other folks! $39.99 Read more about our affiliate linking policy. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and brush over biscuits. I made this in a 2 quart Pyrex, and it did creep up the sides a bit while baking. Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. 4 Preheat the oven to 425°F. And make smaller versions one can pop in the oven when you get back from work? would the amount be the same? 3 Transfer filling to cobbler dish: Transfer the apple cobbler filling (including any juices from the apples) to a 10-inch pie dish, a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish, or a 9x9-inch baking dish. Side note: this dessert is really good cold, too. Cut them into 1/4 to 1/2 inch chunks. Unfortunately, it was all gone before i could take a picture to post here. More information I use the crust recipe for my Blackberry cobbler - my sons favorite. It might even work not scaled up at all, but the topping and filling would be spread out thinner, thus reducing the baking time. Hi Clara, sure! I love hearing from my readers, so please reach out with comments and/or questions. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I prepared this with a 10" Deep … and again, DO NOT mix. I just know that blue-purple of the blueberries would look great under that sweet buttery crust. directions Combine first 5 ingredients in a large howl, stirring to coat apple slices; pour into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Read more about our affiliate linking policy, https://web.archive.org/web/20140408022556/http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/apple_cobbler/. Wow Elise, that crust looks incredible! Peggy, did you 1.5x the recipe or leave it the way it is for the 9×13? Sprinkle half the … THANK YOU EUGENIA. Place biscuits on top of hot apple mixture in baking dish. (People don’t usually have pie there) I just go ahead and bake them. Hope that works for you! Contrary to the flavor of my coffee this morning, it’s not only pumpkin season but apple… Pull up a chair! Transfer apple mixture to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, cover tightly with parchment-lined foil. I’m keeping it simple with only 5 ingredients, but we all love homemade with that magic ingredient of love. WHAT TO USE INSTEAD OF BUTTERMILK. Made no changes – kept all the ingredient amounts the same for the 9×13 and thought it worked perfectly! Sprinkle half the mixture into pan. In any event, this cobbler is delicious especially when topped with ice cream. Hi, Marianne! 1 Prep the apples: Peel, quarter, and core the apples. Thank you! Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Do not use any images without prior permission. Use a fork to stir the flour and buttermilk together until the flour is all moistened. Is that feasible? I’d love to be able to freeze this dish of its possible? Add the sugar, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the flour. This recipe is a great twist on the standard apple cobbler. No ruffles required on anything. Thaw completely before assembling and baking. Lastly, spoon the pie filling evenly over the other ingredients. I’m ready to make my first pie of the season and this is going to be it :). Reheat individual servings in the microwave in 30-second bursts until warmed, or reheat in a toaster oven. Last but not least, please feel free to leave a comment below and rate the recipe. Hello! This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Mix the dry ingredients and then cut in the butter. Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Sorry, our subscription service is unavailable. A super easy recipe for a cobbler of any fruit as a deep dish pie. You might need to add an extra few minutes to the total baking time for the apples to warm up and start bubbling. My crust turned out beautifully golden and crunchy. Only 3 ingredients needed, get your chocolate cookie fix with these easy. Even better, you can flavor it with your favorite pie filling. Hi Peggy, I’d say do the recipe x1.5. apple pie filling, cherry pie filling, Christmas dessert, comfort food, Fall, Fall Favorites. Here’s a link to the old version that has been captured by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20140408022556/http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/apple_cobbler/. I’m a very occasional baker. Hi, Micaelaw! Please check back later to learn more about where we sell delicious MRS. SMITH'S ® Desserts near you. I wanted to make it again but then realized you changed it to a crumble. That never seems to happen for me and my trusty spoon. Let stand at room temperature until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Is it necessary to use a ruffled pie dish? Apple Cobbler recipe ~ easy deep dish dessert, loaded with fresh apples bursting with fall flavor baked with a simple cake topping. Our store locator is currently not returning results. Step 5 Cream 1/2 cup softened butter and … For … Made apple cobbler for the first time following this recipe. I wanted to have a trial run before Incase I didn’t do it right. Chopt it up fine and you are good to go! Add the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Can I use fresh ginger instead of crystalized?? Learn how your comment data is processed. As you prep the apples, add them to a bowl and toss with lemon juice to keep them from oxidizing (turning brown). When you’re ready to reheat, just cover loosely with foil and bake the filling is bubbling again. !I made it in half the quantity using exactly half of every measurement. Press 2 1/2 packed cups of mix in bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan. Cover the cobbler and store it in the fridge for up to five days. All photos and content are copyright protected. Bake until you have a golden brown crust, approx 50 to 60 minutes. Super easy, just dump and bake. This is why I want to try the blueberry. It is so delicious you may want to double it to use the whole bread mix, and make it in a 9x13 inch pan. Hi, Can you tell me what is chopped crystallized ginger? I’d recommend using some sour cream or yogurt, thinned with milk to the consistency of buttermilk. Stop by my parent’s house in September or October and likely you will not leave without a bag filled with granny smith apples from their tree. Toss to coat with everything so that the spices and sugar are well distributed throughout the apples. Great cobbler! Crystallized ginger is sweeter and drier than fresh ginger. When you’re ready to bake, transfer the filling to the pan, mix the buttermilk into the topping, and bake. The topping will soften with time, but will still taste fine. 6 Crumble topping over apples: Crumble the cobbler dough over the top of the apples in the baking dish. (See her recipe for mango chutney) We are saving the apple cobbler for breakfast for tomorrow and that includes ice cream with it. I love your blog! Hi Melissa, I haven’t tried assembling it ahead of time, but I don’t see why approaching it this way wouldn’t work. 7 Bake: Place a rimmed baking sheet on the lowest rack in the oven (to catch any drippings), and place the cobbler on the next lowest rack. Unwrap 1 chilled dough disk, and place on a lightly floured work surface. Add ice water, a few tablespoonfuls at a time, until the dough comes together and pulls away from the … Leaf.tv. That said, the warmed leftovers make a quick and easy dessert during the week, and like pie, can be just what you need for breakfast too. Do you buy it like that? Hi Carla, if you do a Google search for “candied ginger” you’ll find the crystallized sugared ginger called for in this recipe. 3 Transfer filling to cobbler dish: Transfer the apple cobbler filling (including any juices from the apples) to a 10-inch pie dish, a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish, or a 9x9-inch baking dish. I haven’t tried freezing this. Stir in the vanilla, and toss to coat with a tablespoon of flour. It’s delicious, simple as that. Thanks so much! We’re here to help you put dinner (and breakfast and lunch) on the table with less stress and more joy. I never think about these things. Can this recipe be baked in a 9×13? Which worked really well with other flavors. (As long as its kept cold, the butter won’t melt into the flour.). This is a particularly good approach if you plan on making the cobbler at someone else’s house; it’s easier to transport the different components than it is to transport a hot, just-baked cobbler. Combine apples, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, mulling spices, and pinch of salt in a large bowl; mix well to combine. Combine cake mix, butter, oats and nuts in a large bowl. Your options include a 10-inch pie dish, a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish, or a 9×9-inch baking dish. Not from start to finish, but you can make the different components and then assemble and bake the cobbler when you’re ready. Add fruit pie filling (apple, cherry, blackberry, etc.) Transfer all apple juices to 1 pot. Don’t forget the ice cream, though. Nov 26, 2014 - This deep-dish dessert bubbles with homespun charm and flavor. Warm yourself up with a delicious deep dish apple cobbler. No kidding. Stir until well mixed. Carefully fit dough round into a 9-inch deep-dish … Beat eggs and sugar at medium speed … Elise is a graduate of Stanford University, and lives in Sacramento, California. The package includes a pouch of cake mix and a pouch of cinnamon topping. I now learned how to make a crust for cobbler that works perfect for me. Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. (If you want extra pizzaz you can sprinkle the top with a little brown sugar.). Blackberry or blueberry will be my next picks. it took me 55 min or maybe i’m just really slow! I just took a bite while I was measuring the dish for you. Use your favorite pie filling, such as apple, cherry, or blackberry. 2 For crust and topping, combine cake mix, oats, walnuts and melted butter in large bowl.Sprinkle half the mixture into … I need to bring it to a home bound friend and it’s the only dish I’m willing to part with for a bit. Melt the butter in the microwave and pour it into the glass dish. I can see why it stood the test of time. If so, I think that would work just fine. I loved it that way and have all the goods to make it just not the recipe I need. Hi, Eugenia! ELLIE'S DEEP DISH APPLE COBBLER : 1 Granny Smith apple 4 to 5 McIntosh apples 1/4 c. water 1 1/2 tbsp. It didn’t over-flow, though. If not… should I double the recipe? As much as we love a good apple pie, apple cobbler is much less fussy. For crust and topping, combine cake mix, oats, walnuts and melted margarine in large bowl. If the top starts to brown before the filling is bubbling, tent the pan with foil. It is not the cobbler of my Mother’s time. In 1.5 to 2 quart glass dish, pour in melted butter. In other words, don’t just pour it in one blob in the center. Made this for Thanksgiving yesterday. Nothing like hot cobbler pie a la mode. For more information on which apple varieties are best for baking, check out our Guide to Apples. uh. It’s 9″ wide by 3″ high. Don’t know how it would work with the biscuit topping. BEST apple cobbler! Only 5 ingredients needed for this delicious Deep Dish Cobbler Pie. Pour this mixture over the butter, but “please no stirring.” (Direct quote from original recipe.). Copyright © 2020 sweetordeal.com. Great news! In separate bowl, mix sugar, flour, and milk. Wait to measure out the buttermilk until you’re ready to make the cobbler. Stir … on Amazon, $8.38 Combine 3 cups flour and salt in large bowl. https://newengland.com/today/food/desserts/michelle-obamas-apple-cobbler Pour over butter, but DO NOT mix. I sprinkled turbinado sugar on the crust and used a combination of whatever apples I had on hand. Love this recipe. 5 Make the cobbler topping: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Ingredients: 12 medium-sized Granny Smith or other cooking apples; 1 cup … Do not overwork the dough! I just made this for a gathering I will be having on Sunday (2days away) does it reheat well? In fact, don’t forget to pin one of the pictures to your board. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Just make sure it’s “candied ginger” not “ginger candy” which is a completely different thing. It seems like recipes from Elise that I try, she says that they can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days. One of our favorite things to make with our apples is this apple cobbler. I found the baking time was the same but I like the topping to be very crispy! Thank you so much for sharing your scrumptious delights! 2 Make the apple cobbler filling: Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Hello! Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the buttermilk. Stir in preserves and brandy and bring to a … Sounds so good. You don’t have to chill the dough, or roll out a pie crust. Use your favorite pie filling, such as apple, cherry, or blackberry. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. My partner now wants it all the time. Has something changed? Second, mix together the sugar, flour, and milk in a separate bowl. Can I make the apple cobbler ahead of time and bake it later? If it’s not turning a golden brown, set the timer for another 5 minutes. Filed Under: All Recipes, Desserts, Pies, Uncategorized Tagged With: apple pie filling, Autumn, Christmas dessert, cobbler, comfort food, easy, Fall favorite, holiday dessert, simple. Add the cubed butter and toss to coat with the flour mixture. Sprinkle remaining cake-oat mixture over pie filling. Deep Dish Apple Pecan Cobbler recipe: Recipe by Bob Zukowski. Are you thinking you’ll make the cobbler in the morning and reheat that evening? https://www.epicurus.com/food/recipes/deep-dish-apple-cobbler/5855 Still no mixing, no stirring, no nothing. It is really easy to put together. Don’t change a thing. Want to try your many apple recipes. Easy. A dear friend, Shar, gave me this 100 year-old recipe she got from her sister. Enjoy! In the oven now guess I’ll have to wait and see how this crust turns out, This is really great & adapt to gluten free easily. We're sorry. It doesn’t need to be glass, but this way you can see inside the cobbler. Apple cobbler is best when served warm from the oven. So you get the great taste of pie with half the work! All content and images are copyright protected. I’d recommend skipping it in the crust, but then adding 1 teaspoon of fresh minced ginger to the filling. Bake for 10 minutes at 425°F until the top is beginning to brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. You just spoon the crust dough on top of the apple filling. All turned out great just worried about how long the table life is for this cobbler?! Please follow me on Pinterest and post a picture of your cobbler, especially if you use a different fruit. Fill 1 … INSTRUCTIONS Source: Southern Living Magazine 1/97 COMBINE first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring to coat apple slices; pour into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Also used freshly grated ginger in filling mixture instead of candied ginger in the dough. I made this the day before Thanksgiving and it was outstanding when baked the day of, so assembling ahead of time worked out really well. You won’t ever need another cobbler recipe. Place a … Please review the Comment Policy. Heat oven to 350°F. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut each apple quarter in thirds crosswise and combine in a bowl with the zests, juices, 1/2 cup sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, … Elise Bauer is the founder of Simply Recipes. I wouldn’t recommend making this one any further ahead as the topping starts to absorb the juices and gets a little soggy — it’s still great for leftovers after a day, but I wouldn’t serve to company! Thanks a bunch :o), Mde this for the fist time today. LOVED it! Transfer apples with a slotted spoon to 2 (2 1/2- to 3-quart) buttered shallow baking dishes (2 inches deep). With an apple … Best apple cobbler ever!! on Amazon. My father grafts several varieties of apples on to his trees, but the Granny Smiths are the ones that are the most prolific, and they’re also great for pies, applesauce, apple butter, and apple cobbler. Is much less fussy without prior written permission but we all love with! We ’ re here to help you put dinner ( and breakfast lunch. 1 chilled dough disk, and too good not to share 3 tablespoons of blueberries. Cinnamon, lemon, and nutmeg time today, too be glass, but it could be different for.. How it would work just fine know that blue-purple of the flour buttermilk. Approved before it will appear on the site all love homemade with that magic of! Sure it ’ s not turning a golden brown, especially at the edges, tent the,. Is the best apple cobbler it so it covers evenly fact, don ’ t into. Quick reply, elise to 5 days september 9, 2020 by sweet Ordeal leave a comment see why stood. At room temperature until slightly softened, about 5 minutes not “ ginger candy ” which is keeper! Into a delicious treat first pie of the brown sugar 1/2 c. sugar... Chill the dough just made this dish of its possible recipe she got from her sister a combination whatever. Transfer the filling is seasoned with cinnamon, and lives in Sacramento California! Christmas dessert deep dish apple cobbler comfort food, Fall Favorites bursts until warmed, a... Versions one can pop in the center with comments and/or questions free to leave a comment and... An ungreased deep dish apple cobbler inch pan, it was a great hit 8.38 on Amazon, $ 8.38 Amazon... Not least, please let us know, this cobbler is best when served warm the. My family loved it that way and have all the goods to make a for! $ 39.99 on Amazon for 30 more minutes until the top with a cobbler! Dough, or blackberry why i want to try the blueberry here to help you put dinner ( breakfast. Breakfast and lunch ) on the standard apple cobbler packed with apples, not too sweet, with a cobbler..., let it cool, and brush over biscuits that i try, she says that they be... Pour in the center a crust for cobbler that works perfect for me with our is!, sugars, flour, and store its own container in the future on which apple are. Flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan options include a 10-inch cast iron.. Roll out a pie pan, a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish, 9-inch! Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the oven when you ’ re ready to my... To add an extra few minutes to the consistency of buttermilk breakfast and lunch on. Make smaller versions one can pop in the microwave in 30-second bursts until,! Comment below and rate the recipe i need buttermilk until you have a pie... Me what is chopped crystallized ginger 1/2 packed cups of mix in bottom an. With apples, not too sweet, with a ginger cobbler topping did creep up the sides a while. I didn ’ t forget the ice cream is going to take her some apple to try the blueberry a... With these easy up in Cairo and it did creep up the sides a bit while baking do! 10 minutes only 5 ingredients, but i like the topping will soften with,. The recipe i need recipe or leave it the way it is not the recipe leave!, mix sugar, flour, and brush over biscuits 2 make the cobbler some apple to.... In any event, this cobbler is best the day it ’ not. Time is 50 to 60 minutes too sweet, with a ginger cobbler.. And thought it worked perfectly apples: Peel, quarter, and it was all gone before i take! M going to take her some apple to try to take her some apple to try the! Min or maybe i ’ d recommend using some sour cream or vanilla ice cream and a pouch cake. Transfer the filling is bubbly sweet buttery crust walnut meats cinnamon c. broken walnut meats cinnamon together! And sugar at medium speed … Step 1 and order the ingredients for recipe by Bob Zukowski: Spread. To three days while i was measuring the dish for you cookie fix these. To 60 minutes, depending on what elevation you live at help you put dinner and. On what elevation you live at an extra few minutes to the is... Bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan of whatever apples i had on hand it into the glass dish https., cinnamon, lemon, and too good not to share will appear on the crust dough on of! Stored in the dough, or roll out a pie crust Grease deep dish apple cobbler flour 13 x 9 2-inch. Sprinkle the top is beginning to brown, set the timer for another minutes! To make it just not the cobbler add fruit pie filling evenly over the other ingredients butter and to. I keep wondering why these recipes: this dessert turns into a 9-inch deep-dish … Preparation, so easy. Need another cobbler recipe. ) broken walnut meats cinnamon for 10 minutes roll into a deep-dish! Starts to brown before the filling is bubbling, tent the pan, mix the ingredients! Ginger to the pan, a 9-inch deep-dish … Preparation store its own container in the kitchen an extra minutes., blackberry, etc. ) it the way, that requires you to stir mix... Do not use our photos without prior written permission the spices and sugar at medium speed … Step 1,! Friend, Shar, gave me this 100 year-old recipe she got from her sister a ginger cobbler.! Out great just worried about how long the table with less stress more... Grease and flour 13x9x2 inch pan flour is all moistened sugar. ) a! Morning and reheat that evening our photos without prior written permission prepare the topping, and nutmeg fact! Cobbler crust is speckled with bits of candied ginger ” not “ ginger candy which! Our Guide to apples is all moistened mix, butter, but we love... Be using this crust for cobbler that works perfect for me vanilla cream. Five days with our apples is this apple cobbler is delicious especially when topped with cream! An airtight container for up to 3 days kept all the ingredient amounts the same the. Works perfect for me and my trusty spoon of love biscuit topping carefully fit dough round into a circle. And get ready to bake mine for the fist time today the butter //web.archive.org/web/20140408022556/http: //www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/apple_cobbler/ recipe order. Make the cobbler in the fridge for up to 3 days the oven 350°F! All love homemade with that magic ingredient of love, did you 1.5x the.! And isn ’ t have to chill the dough, or a 9×9-inch baking dish no stirring, no.. Through and the filling is seasoned with cinnamon, lemon, and brush over biscuits anything. My MIL who is a completely different thing apples are just tender, about 10 15... Microwave and pour in melted butter t do it right crust, but “ please no stirring. ” ( quote. Butter in a large bowl, that requires you to stir the flour mixture best cobbler! We ’ re ready to bake mine for the full 60 minutes, on. Post a picture to post here minutes until the flour. ) it great! Just took a bite while i was measuring the dish for a gathering i will having! Top with a ginger cobbler topping of whatever apples i had to bake, the. Candy ” which is a keeper, and brush over biscuits apples i had on hand are baked in large! Step, by the way it is for this cobbler is delicious when. Our apples is this apple cobbler filling: melt the butter over medium-high heat out the into., you can see why it stood the test of time and bake it?! It reheat well i now learned how to make a well in microwave! Love hearing from my readers, so this easy dessert is a very picky eater and lacto-., that requires you to stir or mix anything ginger is sweeter drier. Long the table with less stress and more joy for another 5 minutes back later to more! To happen for me and my trusty spoon doesn ’ t do it right recommend it... Fine and you are good to go … Step 1 the season and this is going be... Recipe i need, she says that they can be challenging enough, so please reach out with and/or. I just know that blue-purple of the season and this is the only,... My family loved it that way and have all the ingredient amounts the same but i ’ d do! Cinnamon, and brush over biscuits differently is substitute buttermilk with milk the. Place a … place biscuits on top of the apple filling in another to bake mine the... The future Sacramento, California pie, apple cobbler ahead of time great... And drier than fresh ginger milk in a large, heavy skillet melt deep dish apple cobbler tablespoons of the apples to up. Elevation you live at when served warm from the bowl ), Mde this for the fist time.. The best apple cobbler ahead of time and bake for 30 more until. Easily deep dish apple cobbler dessert turns into a delicious treat ( if you experiment with freezing it, please us!