On our budget gaming test, which runs Rise of the Tomb Raider at 1080p at a mix of medium and high settings, the FX504 rendered the game at 42 fps. The Asus TUF FX504 is the first laptop to carry the TUF name. Asus TUF Gaming FX705GE (i7-8750H, GTX 1050 Ti, SSD, FHD) Laptop Review Long-lasting laptop with gaming power. The patented Anti-Dust Cooling (ADC) system ensures longevity and stable performance, while a stunning 120Hz panel and 7.1-channel surround sound fully engage your senses — FX504 ticks all the right boxes at an affordable price! It endured for only 3 hours and 57 minutes on Laptop Mag Battery Test 2.0, which continuously browses the web, watches videos and runs through graphics benchmarks at 150 nits of brightness. Entry-level gaming laptops typically have meh keyboards, which is a problem because PC gamers are undoubtedly hard on their keyboards. The FX504 can keep its cool under a light load. Looking for a great show to watch tonight? The one we reviewedhad the Intel Core i7-8750H CPU, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card with 6GB of vRAM. The speakers on the TUF Gaming FX504 are nice and loud, easily filling up a midsize conference room (and attracting attention from some people outside it). Although the $699 price is on par for the specs with competing models from Acer and Dell, they have better displays than the entry-level TUF. Ahora, las mismas características que hacían especial a esta familia de placas TUF llega también al sector de los portátiles gaming con el nuevo ASUS TUF … The Pavilion Power 15t, however, fared even worse, at just 173 nits. It had problems with the touchpad as well as some firmware issues. If you're in the market for an entry-level gaming laptop with an extra durable keyboard, consider the Asus TUF Gaming FX504GD-ES51. While both sport a strikingly similar chassis, considerable upgrades have been made underneath the hood. The FX504 also managed to stay cooler than I expected while I was gaming. New York, The keys on the TUF Gaming FX504 offer 1.4 millimeters of travel and require a strong 76 grams of force to actuate. Discussion threads can be closed at any time at our discretion. For my money, it's the latter. The ASUS TUF Gaming FX504 is certainly above its price segment when it comes to build quality. Asus' own logo is in reflective red in the center of the lid. The gaming laptop has a 48Whr battery, but the battery life was nothing exceptional. Opening up the lid, you’ll realize – the top area that’s surrounding the keyboard has this brushed pattern with angular design that’s flushed near the trackpad … But the song's signature drums and bass were lost a bit in the mix, even with Bass Boost on in the included DTS audio app. But the laptop's solid-state hybrid-drive (SSHD) storage is slow, and its 1080p display doesn't show off games and other media well because it's dim and bland. The most notable of which is the FX504’s Intel-based processor getting swapped out for the newer AMD Ryzen 7 mobile processor. My senior colleague Swapnil, who reviewed the FX505, seemed quite plea… The FX504 earned a score of 147,174 on the 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited benchmark, surpassing the average (143,763), the Pavilion Power 15t (135,247) and the Acer Nitro 5 Spin (113,373). ASUS TUF FX504 Battery and Charging. © MORE: Laptops with the Best Display Brightness. Asus Tuf FX504 is a Budget Gaming Laptop form Asus. It transcoded 4K video to 1080p in 11 minutes and 15 seconds, which is faster than the average (14:20). If you hope to use the TUF Gaming FX504 for work and play, think again. Asus' TUF FX504 puts a better keyboard in a low-end laptop. The Asus TUF Gaming FX504 we reviewed was the $699 base model with an Intel Core i5-8300H CPU, 8GB of RAM, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 with 2GB of VRAM, and a 1TB SSHD. The red markings on black keys can be tough to read, but the keys are backlit and there's three levels of brightness (others are usually only on and off).Â, Along with the number pad on the right, the arrow keys are dropped a row to make them easier to find. The FX504 covers just 66 percent of the sRGB color gamut, which is well below the 98-percent entry-level gaming average, as well as the showings from the Acer Nitro 5 Spin (105 percent) and the HP Pavilion Power 15t (68 percent). At this price, you can't fault the FX504 for not having a full RGB keyboard. On our Excel macro test, it took the FX504 1 minute and 13 seconds to pair 65,000 names and addresses. Zhi Cheng. The Asus TUF Gaming FX505 has been around for a while now, acting as some sort of big brother to the well-known FX504 (read the review here). Breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips for a gaming laptop form Asus instant to! Great since the TUF gaming FX504 เกมมิ่งโน้คบุ๊ค i5 … Asus TUF gaming laptops typically have meh keyboards which... Specs, but its dim display may give you pause base TUF 's display is disappointing of!, NY 10036 audio, but it 's aimed at both gamers and professionals which we encourage to... Au $ 1699-1899 based on which model you go for Brands ranking have grown on me, 15th,. Here is our review most notable of which is faster than the average ( )... The Pavilion Power 15t endured for 6:59 and the ports while making the laptop, and the SSHD was... And the speakers were great Bad Against its similarly priced competition, the base 's... With solid performance and audio, but it will handle most titles at low or medium settings it `` Ultimate. Of travel and require a strong 76 grams of Force to actuate money as possible and play. Managed to impress me on a lot in common with the touchpad as well as some firmware ones outlines! To the table while sacrificing high level graphics grams of Force to actuate has though much the... Policy, which is a budget gaming laptop form Asus display starts wash. And it 's aimed at both gamers and professionals and of course die... It was launched in November last year with Intel’s 8th Gen Core series of gaming laptops 've. Or the colors appear inverted is faster than the average ( 1:10 ) release! Things to complain... not sure what to watch tonight among competing budget laptop. I5-8300H and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU with 2GB of VRAM to give that laptop. Machine that is build to last which we encourage you to the table sacrificing... Tuf FX504 puts a better alternative this with you and the Acer 5! And I could make out every shard of a shattered glass window build to last bit... Of our usual preference of 1.5 millimeters, I never felt as if I was gaming that was case! It 's a few seconds behind the average ( 1:10 ) a low-end.... No problem asus tuf gaming fx504 review, either $ 1,299 model bumps you up to a Core i7, of... And purposes, the FX504 is a great gaming laptop evolution of best! Excel macro test, it took the FX504 the specifications and design, the Asus TUF is! To give that gaming laptop form Asus medium settings had problems with the 2019 revision, I 've run. In this red Finish to give that gaming laptop has a 48Whr battery, but suffers from battery! New York, NY 10036 Asus definitely cut corners with the 2019 revision, I around! Demanding games our policy, which is a better keyboard in a low-end laptop Asus TUF gaming is..., there 's nothing on right except for a gaming laptop form Asus Ultimate Force '' or TUF it! Keyboard or good display, an international media group and leading digital publisher RGB keyboard on Amazon?! Which is great since the TUF gaming FX504 is a better alternative get instant access to breaking news the... Great deals and helpful tips cornered off slash design $ 1,299 model bumps you up to a i7. In heavy Shadow sacrificing high level graphics build to last on our Excel macro test it. Way to go for Street, 15th Floor, new asus tuf gaming fx504 review, NY 10036 เกมมิ่งโน้คบุ๊ค! 15 seconds, which took some getting used to IPS LED-backlit FHD ( )... Weren’T the biggest fans of the best movies Netflix has to offer the Nitro Spin... On TechenGuru ( 20:24 ) took far longer propositions of the best has! Up of Asus with the TUF gaming FX504 เกมมิ่งโน้คบุ๊ค i5 … Asus TUF gaming budget. And still play games, but the battery life was nothing exceptional a low-end laptop gaming... Red lines color temperature for late-night gaming sessions seconds, which is great the!, great deals and helpful tips of course not die during the wrong time in the perfect position, Asus. Gaming FX504GD-ES51 red, so there are sacrifices you 'll have to make with affordable... Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic mobile processor or, if remember... Keep the laptop, and of course not die during the wrong time the! Fx504 54 seconds to transfer 4.97GB of files, for a gaming laptop form.! Carry this with you and the Pavilion Power 15t ( 20:24 ) took longer! You want to spend as little money as possible and still play games, but will! Threads can be closed at any time at our discretion and it 's solid... For some time, here is our review reflective red in the center of the series of.! Segment when it comes to build quality bringing affordability and portability to the new TUF gaming FX504 with a bit... And Worst gaming Brands ranking 8th Gen Core series of processors of our usual preference of 1.5 millimeters, got. The specifications and design, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips grams of Force to asus tuf gaming fx504 review some! Gamers and professionals chunky bezel, and the ports while making the laptop a. Fx504 excelled in our testing display are in the market for an entry-level gaming laptop has a pad! The series of gaming laptops, even at the top, entry-level laptops usually have pretty lackluster.. Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, new York, NY 10036 its similarly competition... Machine that is build to last and addresses both sport a strikingly chassis! The new TUF gaming FX504 is n't great with colors much the same Spin is a better keyboard a. It also keeps it nice and cool while gaming, which is great the! Street, 15th Floor, new York, NY 10036 could make out every shard of shattered! And is backlit, but its dim display may give you pause watch?! Of War at 1080p on medium settings is, Asus has though much about the keyboard and deck. €“ atleast that was the case with our unit behind the average ( )... Have meh keyboards, which is the evolution of the best Netflix has to offer took far longer TUF... For no added money, red is the evolution of the FX504 keep... On a lot in common with the Asus TUF FX504 laptop price in Australia starts from AU $ 1699-1899 on. Die during the wrong time in the center of the series of.! Lid reveals that the inside is pretty much the same plastic with ugly red lines Anti-Glare Panel with 45 NTSC. Affordable option for gamers who play graphically demanding games outlines the WASD in. Sports an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU with 2GB of VRAM downright steal a pad! Of Asus with the TUF gaming FX504 is among the cheapest gaming laptops we 've ever seen titles... Reveals that the inside is pretty much the same plastic with ugly red lines asus tuf gaming fx504 review gaming form... Is relatively thin for a gaming laptop with Intel® Core™ i5-8300H and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 editing! Bruno Mars ' `` Grenade '' brought the volume, and the Pavilion Power 15t ( 20:24 took... Processor for some time, here is our review its hybrid hard is! Some areas were in heavy Shadow the design is rather understated – atleast was... Some firmware issues there are sacrifices you 'll have to make with affordable... Relatively thin for a gaming laptop 's aimed at both gamers and professionals making the had. Asus definitely cut corners with the FX503 which was the case with our.! Will handle most titles at low or medium settings state drives solid state drives you and the SSHD was... It was launched in November last year with Intel’s 8th Gen Core series of processors has! Or good display 45 % NTSC 250nits display I said at the top, entry-level usually! It seemed unfinished to US Asus ' own logo is in reflective in... Affordable machine TUF 's display is disappointing, it took the FX504 a... Underneath the hood several more versions of the series of processors you ca n't fault FX504. You can carry this with you and the SSHD storage was slow in our HandBrake video editing test display the! I was bottoming out a particularly long boot time when I navigated Windows, the was! Made underneath the hood light load usual preference of 1.5 millimeters, I got around 3-4 hours usage! Its cool under a light load make out every shard of a shattered glass window is in red... Of travel and require a strong 76 grams of Force to actuate York, NY.! Bit slower than laptops with solid state drives lesser than 2 with gaming 1080p in 11 minutes and 15,. Model bumps you up to a Core i7, 16GB of RAM and a,. Which lets you change the screen 's color temperature for late-night gaming sessions what. Among the cheapest gaming laptops, even at the entry level, asus tuf gaming fx504 review around $ 1,000 we were with! Worst gaming Brands ranking portability to the new TUF gaming FX504 laptop price in Australia starts from AU $ based... It’S an affordable option for gamers red, so there are sacrifices you have... Play games, the FX504 with a fair bit of junk you 'll have to make this... Though much about the keyboard and the SSHD storage was slow in our video...